David served as a Baltimore City Assistant State’s Attorney in the Felony Narcotics Unit before turning his attention and talent towards fighting for injured victims and the families of victims hurt or killed by someone else’s negligence. Since entering private practice he’s recovered tens of millions of dollars for his clients. In his 23+ years in practice, he has participated in major medical negligence cases in Maryland, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Virginia, North Carolina, Florida, and the District of Columbia.
David has been recognized as a Maryland Super Lawyer each year from 2009 – 2021, and was named as one of the Daily Record’s “Very Important Professionals – Successful Before 40” in 2013. He is a member of local Bar Associations including Carroll County, Baltimore City, and Baltimore County, as well as the Maryland State Bar Association and Federal Bar Association. He is also a member of American Association of Justice and the Legislative Leaders Circle of the Maryland Association of Justice.
Learn more about David Ellin’s awards and recognition
- B.A. in English, Western Maryland College, 1994
- Cambridge University, Cambridge, England, 1993
- J.D. University of Baltimore School of Law, 1997
- $18 million for a young man who suffered brain injury due to medical negligence
- $7 million to the family of a woman who suffered catastrophic brain injury after miscarriage
- $8 million for a woman whose physician failed to diagnose cancer
- $4 million for a woman who suffered preventable complications after childbirth
- $3.3 million for a child who suffered severe injury as the result of a pedestrian accident
- $2 million for a woman who suffered brain injury due to medical negligence
- $2 million for the family of a man who died as the result of a medication error
“Not only did David come out to my home and meet with me personally, but I received a much bigger recovery than I was expecting.”
— Lynne B. —