Mr. Ellin is a member of the Maryland State Bar Association, where he serves on the Travel Committee; Baltimore City Bar Association, where he serves on the Judicial Selection Committee; Maryland Association for Justice; and American Association for Justice. He also served the as Volunteer Coordinator for the 2006 campaign to re-elect the Sitting Judges for Baltimore City Circuit Court.
Mr. Ellin has participated in major cases in Maryland, Pennsylvania, Virginia, North Carolina, Florida, and the District of Columbia, serving as co-counsel in one of the largest medical malpractice cases to date in the State of Maryland ($8 million awarded). Mr. Ellin, at 23, was one of the youngest individuals ever to become an attorney in the State of Maryland. As a former Assistant State's Attorney, David tried dozens of criminal jury trials, and served in the Felony Narcotics Unit in Baltimore City. Since opening his own practice, he has recovered millions of dollars through settlements and awards for his clients.
- $1 million for the family of woman killed by commercial vehicle
- $1 million for the family of a woman who died as the result of medical negligence after the birth of a child
- $1.95 million for children who lost their mother as the result of failure to diagnose an infection
- $1.5 million for a woman seriously disabled after thoracic surgery
- $1.1 million for a child whose arm was disfigured shortly after birth
Not only did David come out to my home and meet with me personally, but I received a much bigger recovery than I was expecting.
— Lynne B. —